Auto Open DWGs + Bind Xrefs + Save DWGs
This routine opens drawings in a directory, binds all of the Xrefs within that drawing and saves the drawing. Very handy when consultant drawing need to be prepared for document management system and data basing where use of Xrefs in not only no longer needed but also in no longer practical.
1. Manage Tab -> Applications Panel -> Load Application
2. Navigate to BindXrefs.lsp and Load it
a. If you would like for this lisp routine to load every time you start AutoCAD Application, load it in the Contents… area
3. Close the dialog box
4. In the command line type BXD
5. Navigate to the folder with files and click OK.
6. Sit Back and the AutoCAD Application do all the work for you.
a. Make sure that the file you need to be worked on IS NOT open before you run BXD lisp routine.