Architectural BIM Modeling Certificate Program
- $ 9,350 (includes all courseware and exam fees)
- Financial Aid available
About the Program:
The Architectural BIM Modeling Program prepares graduates for professional work in the 3-Dimensional Modeling using Revit software of residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings. The program develops drafting staff familiar with a variety of aspects of building construction drawing/ model preparation. Students study the principles of Construction Materials and Methods, Blueprint Reading and learn how to apply that knowledge using Revit Architecture software. The first few courses of the curriculum cover fundamentals necessary for all drafters – basic trade mathematics, communications including professional email composition, oral presentations, and general office environment conduct and understanding computers which will be used throughout your career. In addition to these basic courses, students learn architectural concepts, BIM principles, and Revit Architecture Software. The academic program is complemented by exposure to professional practice in the internship experience or final project development.
BCAD will assist with resume development and interview skills following graduation of this program.
The Architectural BIM Modeling Program faculty are responsible for delivering an outstanding curriculum that equips our graduates with the broad technical knowledge, design proficiency, professionalism, and communications skills required for them to make substantial contributions to society and to enjoy rewarding careers.
Program Educational Objectives
The Architectural BIM Modeling Program graduates will become professionals who document model, and preset residential, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings and systems, or advance their knowledge of the field.
BCAD’s student outcomes reflect the skills and abilities that the curriculum is designed to provide to students by the time they graduate. These are:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, communications, and computer proficiency;
- An ability to draw/ model buildings and building systems, as well as to analyze and interpret redlines;
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams;
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve basic building layout issues
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning;
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern drafting tools necessary for architectural drafting practice.
18 weeks – Total of 166 instructional hours & 96 hours of hands-on internship with a professional architectural or engineering firm or a hands-on final project.
Brandywine CAD Design (BCAD)
3204 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803
- Basic Math for Architect’s
- Computer Proficiency
- Blueprint Reading
- Construction Materials & Methods
- Revit Architecture Fundamentals
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Revit Architecture Professional Certification Exam
- Hands-On Internship or Final Project
Student must successfully complete any assignments assigned by the instructor and achieve a passing grade of 80% or better on the final exam.
Students must successfully pass Revit Architecture Professional Certification Exam